To Help You Study - Your Faith and Scripture
- Always pray before reading the Holy Scriptures, this will help to guide you.
- Study Lectio Divina (Booklets are available)
- Be aware of the differences in Catholic and Non Catholic Bibles. (For instance in Non Catholic Bibles, 7 Books are usually missing:Baruch, Sirach, Wisdom, Maccabees 1 and 2, Tobit, Judith and some of Esther and Daniel.
- Always study the Bible in a quiet area, free from distraction. 2 Tim 3:16 - "All scripture is inspired by God.............."
To Build Up Your Own Spirituality And Discipleship
- Volunteer to help in Parish Ministries.
- Pray for others.
- Comfort the sick, lost, lonely and bereaved.
- Always listen and lend a helping hand to those who seem troubled.
- Give your Love to others.
- Try and join a reputable prayer group.
- If possible try to find a good spiritual director.
- Always pray in the mornings if possible - when we are usually most alert.
- Always thank God at the end of day for the blessings bestowed upon us. (Short prayers too - It is good to read the Holy Bible, as a final act before sleeping, helps sleep too!)